Would you like to republish these MacTips? Great news! You can, if you abide by the terms of the Creative Commons licence.
Here are the things you need to know though:
- It probably doesn’t cost you anything
- How the licence looks
- Why I use the Creative Commons licence
- You are free
- Under the following conditions
- Let me know you’re using my Tips
- Request pricing info
It probably doesn’t cost you anything
If you follow the terms of the licence below, there’s no charge to republish the MacTips. If you want to use them for commercial purposes though, or want to publish them without abiding by these terms, please contact me for pricing options. (See below).
How the licence looks
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Why I use the Creative Commons licence
Creative Commons is a way for me to share my work and help people enjoy their Apple products more.
Each Tip takes me several hours to create though, so I want to get credit and acknowledgement for all my hard work. What’s more I offer these Tips freely, so am especially unhappy to see other people earning money from my work.
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
- The Tips must clearly say they were written by me,
Miraz Jordan. Some Tips are written by guest authors though, so if you use one of those MacTips then credit the correct author. Make sure each Tip you use clearly states who the original author is.
- Make sure that every Tip clearly links back to its permalink URL, rather than simply to the generic http://mactips.info. For example, this one from 26 May 2011 —
How to minimise windows in bulk, and get them back again— would link to
- Download the Tip images for yourself and do not pull them from my server, using my bandwidth for your site, as that’s not acceptable. Copy the images to your own server and draw them from there.
- Make sure that the Creative Commons licence also appears with each Tip, especially if you have a copyright line at the bottom of your site that implies that all the contents are copyright to you. The copyright in my Tips remains with me.
Let me know you’re using my Tips
Thanks for your interest in my Tips. I really like for the Tips to reach as broad an audience as possible.
If you republish one or more of my Tips please contact me using the form below to let me know.
Author and Owner of MacTips.info