When people learn these Tips and techniques for using Safari they usually say they wish they’d known about them long ago, instead of wasting so much time doing things the hard way.
Do you already know about these things in Safari for Mac:
- how to open links and pages into different Tabs?
- keyboard shortcuts for using Safari more quickly?
- making the Bookmarks Bar work for you?
- opening sets of websites with one click?
- quickly finding one word or phrase in a long page?
- making a form bigger so you can see what you’re typing?
- making web pages easier to read, or even having your Mac read a web page to you?
All these Tips and more are clearly explained in this book with steps to take and screenshots so you can see for yourself what to do.
Sizzling Safari Tips for Mac Users gives you 30 terrific Tips that speed up your work, save you time, and let you use more of the power in Safari.
List of Sizzling Safari Tips
- Get to know the Safari window
- Know where a link will take you
- Go direct to a web page by typing an address in the Address Bar
- Use more than one Tab or Window
- Quickly open a link in a new tab
- Rearrange tabs, merge and split windows
- Close all the other tabs
- Supercharge the back and forward buttons
- Customise the Safari Bookmarks Bar
- Open a set of browser bookmarks in separate Tabs
- Use the Google search box in Safari
- Quickly scroll up or down a web page
- Find a word within a long web page
- Jump to a name in dropdown lists
- Make more space in a Safari form
- Have Safari fill in fields for you
- Drag and drop to upload files
- Add a Safari URL to an Address Book card
- Use Safari 5′s Reader for easier reading on the web
- Save a page to read later
- Read a page aloud
- Edit and use Safari 5′s Top Sites
- Make your Mac safer with secure Safari settings
- Make your Mac safer by turning off Java
- Keep your browsing private
- Command click the Title Bar in Safari to go Home
- Save a YouTube video
- Use Safari 5′s Web Inspector — a gift for web developers
- Size and place a Safari window with AppleScript
- Open multiple URLs in Safari with AppleScript
Where to buy Sizzling Safari Tips for Mac Users
See my Author Page at Amazon.com.
Safari’s a great web browser. It comes free with all new Macs, it’s fast and capable, and you probably already use it for browsing the web.
But it has some really great features you may not have come across yet. The 30 Tips here will give you a lot more control and power in your web browsing. If you’re a researcher, a presenter or even just like to while away a few hours reading interesting web pages then this book will give you Tips you’ll wish you’d known about years ago.
Do you already know about using Tabs? Keyboard shortcuts for opening links into new Tabs? Tuning up the Bookmarks Bar? Opening sets of websites with one click? Quickly finding one word or phrase in a long page? Making a form bigger so you can see what you’re typing? Making web pages easier to read, or even having your Mac read a web page to you? All these Tips and more are clearly explained in this book with steps to take and screenshots so you can see for yourself what to do.
Read the book and you’ll soon be whooshing through web pages, rather than plodding.
What reviewers say
Early reviewers said:
Overall, it’s a most useful collection of tips. I like the verbal explanation followed by screen shots. (Pat)
A quick way to reach the Address Bar…. –LOVE this! (Anne)
You can read Kindle books on your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
You don’t need a Kindle device to read it though — you can read it on your Mac, iPhone or iPad using the free Kindle software — search the App Store for your device for
I explain how to get and install the free software in: How to read Kindle books on your Mac, iPad or iPhone.
Because it’s a Kindle book no trees were harmed in its making, and you don’t need to pay extra for shipping or wait around for it to arrive. Buy it now so you start saving time right away.
And of course you can download a sample for free.