AirPlay gives you the chance to stream what’s on your iOS device to your HDTV and speakers wirelessly via Apple TV. Or mirror, everything on your display will easily show up on a big screen. Memorial photos, videos, the latest games, AirPlay and Apple TV put it all on your TV.
If you have friends you want to share your great photos you toke together or the perfect party you attended on your iPhone. Or you’re in the middle of a horror or action movie on your iPad that could use a little more screen. That’s where AirPlay comes in. It’s really easy, just connect your device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network, and the AirPlay icon automatically appears. AirPlay only works on iPhone 4S (or later), iPad 2 (or later), iPad mini, or iPod touch (5th generation)
To use AirPlay Mirroring, you will need
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
- Wi-Fi network
Enable AirPlay Mirroring:
- Connect your device and your Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Double-click on the Home button to display your recently used apps.
- Swipe the recently used apps twice from left to right until you see the AirPlay icon. If you do not see the AirPlay icon on your device, it’s probably because that your device and Apple TV may not be on the same network.
- Click on the AirPlay icon, to display a list of available AirPlay devices.
- To use AirPlay Mirroring, select the name of your Apple TV, then toggle the ON/OFF slider to ON.