More keyboard shortcuts
Mac Tip #96/09-April-2003
In Keyboard Shortcuts I mentioned some common keyboard shortcuts. These included cut, copy, paste and undo.
There are others which are also fairly standard and extremely useful:
- Command Q quits the program you’re using.
- Command W closes a window.
- Command O opens (file, folder or application, whatever).
- Command P prints.
- Command A selects all.
- Command S saves.
OS X only
Note: some applications may not honour these key combinations.
- Command M minimises a window into the Dock.
- Command H hides the current application.